North East Programs Intern at Mercy Corpswork Mercy Corps NigeriaplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2018-04-11
Mercy Corps, an International NGO, is looking to hire a North East Programs Intern for an internship period of 10 Months.
Reference Number: ABV/NEPRGM/2018/00001
- Mercy Corps Nigeria’s North East Program aims to provide relief and long term development assistance to populations affected by the crisis in Northeast Nigeria. With funding from humanitarian and development donors including OFDA, FFP, GAC, GIZ, DFID and ECHO
- The North East Programs engage in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, logistics and relief commodities, protection, livelihoods, WASH, community cohesion, financial inclusion, strengthening of government and community structures
- Mercy Corps plans to scale up and expand its North East response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries with additional and varied assistance in a wider geographic area.
At the end of the internship period, the Intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand the different types of interventions in the North East Portfolio
- Learn the different aspects of coordination
- Learn to manage relationships with Internal/external stakeholders
- Learn how to provide logistics support for internal/external visitors
- Learn how to organize workshops and program activities
- Organize logistics support for internal/external visitors
- Organizing logistics for meetings/workshops
- Attend meetings as assigned
- Assist in liaising with government officials and build stakeholders contact.
- Assist in mobilizing government officials for strategic workshops
- Assist in program filing system is in place, adheres to internal and donor regulation and filing is regularly maintained;
- Assist all project activities as assigned
- Adhere to all MC policies related to security, operations and transport/ logistics information related to programming.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its mission;
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Statistics or relevant field, with foundation in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum 1 years of experience working on development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; specifically in governance, strategic communications and/or peace building/countering violent extremism (CVE), relief response.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Experience in organizing programs/meetings
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience designing and implementing research initiatives is desirable.
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Good interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required.
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
- The intern receive full health insurance
- The internship engagement aims at creating learning opportunity and is not a guarantee for securing full time working relationship with Mercy Corps Nigeria.
How to Apply
If interested and qualified, send not more than 4-page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements and location to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Mercy Corps Nigeria
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe