Procurement Officer at MAR & MORwork MAR & MORplaceLagosDate Posted: 2018-04-12
MAR & MOR, a building services company. recruiting for the position of Procurement Officer in Lagos
- We are looking for an experienced Procurement Officer to manage the company’s procurement of engineering materials.
- The role includes strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers and to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Carryout the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Previous experience in procurement of engineering products will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- B.Sc in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration/Engineering
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com on or before 24th April, 2018.
Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful
MAR & MOR
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe