Social Media / Communication Assistant (NYSC) at GmbHwork GmbHplaceLagosDate Posted: 2017-12-12
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH offers customised solutions to complex challenges. We are an experienced service provider and assist the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development.
GmbH is recruiting to fill the position of Social Media / Communication Assistant (NYSC) in Lagos.
- The Global Programme „Programme Migration for Development“ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is being implemented by the Centre for Migration and Development (CIM) – a joint operation of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the Federal Employment Agency.
- The overarching objective of the programme is to strengthen the development-relevant contributions of migrants in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for legal migration in selected partner countries.
- The operational focus of the component “Migration Advice” is to provide counselling services pertaining to legal routes of migration to Germany to people interested in emigrating as well as to returning migrants. Additionally, counselling services and information on vocational and educational perspectives and employment opportunities in the country of question will be given.
- For this purpose, counselling services are tailored to each migrant individually and kept open-ended. Apart from assessing each case individually and subsequent referencing and counselling services, the programme intends to also provide tailored support and qualification measures. Its offers therefore include qualification workshops (e.g. job placement trainings). The services are established to ensure that the country’s target groups are reached, which are comprised of returning migrants as well as citizens who are interested in emigrating and/or career advice. To this end, the intention is to build upon the structure of the “Migrationsberatungszentrum” (Migration Advice and Reintegration Centre) and to extend its operation.
- The position holder will work under the overall guidance and general supervision of the National Coordinator, Nigeria-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration
- Working closely with the Senior Migration and Reintegration Advisors and under the supervision of the National Coordinator, the social media/ communication Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Manages the Centre’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Manages social media communications for the Center
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content on Migration related information
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation ( especially the youth and target group for the program)
- Works as part of the team to develop large social media campaigns across Nigeria
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects on similar programs
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Work closely with the National Coordinator on all content on the Social media platform for the Center
- Work with the team to develop online migration advisory portal
- Schedule online appointments
- Any other assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mass Communication or any other relevant discipline
- Conversant with the use of Microsoft Office Packages
- Conversant with diverse social media platforms
- Content Writing and graphic Design (Desirable)
- Team player, Self-Motivated, Strong Customer-Service skills and enthusiastic.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent editing skills (Desirable)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's and Cover letter to: email@example.com Eseosa.firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using “Social Media/Communications Assistant” as subject of the mail. Applications should be sent on or before 15th December, 2017.
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe