Beauty Advisor Job Description
A beauty advisor is a person who is employed by a cosmetic or skincare products company for the purpose of promoting and selling their products. A beauty advisor may sell their company’s products in a store or by contacting potential customers, and is usually required to meet certain sales target within a given time frame.
A beauty advisor should be knowledgeable about the products they are promoting and selling, and the different skin types and their characteristics to know how different skin types will react to their products and what products will be best for a particular skin type. They should also be attentive, honest, caring, and friendly to develop and maintain customer relationships.
Pursue a career as a beauty advisor if you have good people skills and passion for beauty and beauty products.
What does a Beauty Advisor do?
Beauty advisors may do some or all of the following:
- help cosmetic and skincare products companies sell their products
- discuss with clients to assess their needs
- help clients understand their skin types
- recommend skincare and cosmetic products to their clients
- demonstrate the use of products, for example by giving facials or applying make-up
- respond to customer questions, problems, and complaints
- maintain up-to-date knowledge of their products
- monitor sales activities and keep records of sales
- replace sold products
- build and maintain customer relationships
- keep clients information confidential
Where does a Beauty Advisor work?
Beauty advisors usually work normal business hours, but may also work evenings and weekends. They work in beauty salons, and in cosmetics and skincare products stores. They may travel to meet customers or to attend seminars or conferences.
What is Required to Become a Beauty Advisor ?
There are no standard requirements to become a beauty advisor, as employers provide on the job training for new employees. Anyone can become a beauty advisor as long as they have passion for beauty and beauty products.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Beauty advisors need to have:
- honesty and integrity
- good personal hygiene
- good communication skills
- negotiating, persuading, selling skills
- customer service skills
- the ability to listen to their clients and anticipate their needs
- the ability to be friendly and polite
- the ability to work well without supervision
- the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- knowledge of the beauty products they sell
- knowledge of the cosmetic and skincare industry
- knowledge of skin care types and techniques
- knowledge of demonstration techniques
Should I be a Beauty Advisor ?
Take our career test to find out if this career is ideal for you!
- Make-up Artist
If this is your profession and you would like to add to or amend any of the information on this page, then please get in touch with us at mail[at]careersome[dot]com