Program Assistant Intern at Partners Worldwide - Abujawork Partners WorldwideplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2017-12-06
Partners Worldwide has a vision to "end poverty, so that all have life and have it abundantly." We do this by mobilizing
global relationships to form a powerful Christian network that uses business as a way to create flourishing economic
environments for all. We work in 27 countries with a network of over 70,000 businesses focused on ending poverty in
communities with a high unemployment rate.
Currently, Partners Worldwide has six Local Community Institution (LCI) partners in Nigeria, which supports more than
1,000 entrepreneurs in the following areas: business training, mentoring, access to affordable loan capital and
advocacy. The core of our work is centered around business development support to Small and Medium Enterprises
About this position:
Partners Worldwide Nigeria is expanding its work at the national level and have developed a country strategy for the
next three years to multiply impact and continue working to ensure that entrepreneurs at all levels (Small, Medium and
Large) have access to the tools, systems and networks needed to achieve growth in their enterprises as a solution to
This is a paid internship position. Activities the program assistant intern will be involved in the twelve months includes:
• Support the capacity building plans for Partners Worldwide Local Community Institution (LCI) partners.
• Support in the assessment, monitoring and reporting of partnership and project plans with the objective of
having a healthy, efficient and effective national network.
• Provide support to the local community institutions as they implement their annual partnership plans as well
as in the creation of strategic plans and systems to ensure the sustainability of their organizations.
• Support the implementation of the country strategy and program activities, which includes agriculture value
• Provide support to our local partners in their support management to the entrepreneurs of our network.
• Identifying the needs of our network partners.
• Support in the management of new partnerships.
• Carry out administrative duties which includes, filing, documentation, etc.
• Any other task as may be assigned.
To perform the above-mentioned duties effectively, it is necessary that the person occupying this position has the
following competencies and abilities:
• 2-year plus graduate of a career related to business, project/program management or other related careers.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to communicate effectively (Verbal and Written).
• Leadership Skills and Teamwork.
• Goal oriented, responsible, proactive and diligent.
• Use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• An attitude of service and respect.
• Willingness and ability to travel in and out of Abuja to project states.
One year contract - It is expected that the person who accepts this position will remain in the position for a minimum
of twelve (12) months (with possible extension, based on performance and availability of funds).
Expected Start date:
3rd January 2018
Deadline: 10th December, 2017 (applications sent after the deadline will not be reviewed).
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter (as attachments), with email subject as ‘Program Assistant
Application – Nigeria’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Further information about Partners Worldwide can be found at www.partnersworldwide.org
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe