Program Intern at Mercy Corpswork Mercy CorpsplaceBornoDate Posted: 2019-05-08
Mercy Corps is a global non-governmental, humanitarian aid organization operating in transitional contexts that have undergone, or have been undergoing, various forms of economic, environmental, social and political instabilities. We are recruiting to fill the position of Program Intern in Maiduguri, Borno.
Dates of Internship: ASAP
Length of Internship: 9 months
Interns Supervisor & Contact Information: Program Manager- Food for Peace
- The Program intern will be based in Maiduguri and will work under the direct supervision of the Program manager, Food for Peace to support program department of Mercy Corps Nigeria
- The successful candidate will undertake Program duties working in close collaborations with other program team members as well operation.
At the end of the Internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Develop a working knowledge of humanitarian programming
- Have a good knowledge of program Filing system and report writing
- Have a good mastery of IT skills
- Cultivate interpersonal skills and ability to multitask
- Read all assigned literature
- Work collaboratively with other program team members to ensure necessary program planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the team.
- Regularly update program files (electronic and hard documents) meeting minutes and technical documents in line with MCN requirement
- Maintain physical and computerized official documents for the project.
- Supports trainings and workshops.
- Scan a soft copy of all documentation before it is handed over to program and finance for payment
- Conduct research and information gathering on the humanitarian situation to support the FFP program objectives
- As required, support in raising requests to procurement and finance on information/communication tasks and other Program activities.
- Perform basic administrative duties such as replying emails and managing schedules, while also assisting in budget tracking and event planning.
- Maintain program calendars and sends out reminders of impending appointments.
- Attend program staff meetings and takes minutes.
- Assist in planning, developing travel documents and overseeing special events
- Perform any other reasonable duties that deem necessary as assigned by the supervisor
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A B.Sc /B.ED/B.A or HND in relevant field.
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools Excel and Word
- Fluency in English Language
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with his/her Internship in Mercy Corps Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements on or before 15th May, 2019.
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information