Project Engineer Intern at Karbak Ventures Limitedwork Karbak Ventures LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2017-10-17
Karbak Ventures Limited, an Industrial Engineering and general contracting firm, is hiring a Project Engineer Intern in Lagos
- The Project Engineer training is designed to give trainees a realistic preview of a role as a Project Engineer in the construction industry.
- This position provides onsite administrative support to the project team consisting of the Project Manager, Safety Supervisor and Project Engineer.
- The PE intern must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Track and inspect material deliveries
- Assist in project close-out
- Communicate and enforce Karbak Safety and Health Management Program
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
- Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects
- Knowledge of mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra)
- Computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD, MS Project, etc)
- Ability to perform all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating and interacting with customers, clients, subcontractors and other third parties
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules and project budgets and to identify changes and discrepancies
- Ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner in both written and verbal form
- Ability to work with others in a team environment, exercising effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with all company policies, practices and standards of performance
- Bachelor's Degree/ HND
- The ideal candidate should be smart, willing to learn, creative, able to handle pressure well, a great team player, someone with demonstrable leadership qualities
- Recently graduated with a bachelors in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or related field or equivalent through experience
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft office Suite.
- Good knowledge and use of AutoCAD.`
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- The Intern reports to a direct manager within the department, with additional reporting to the Project and/or Operations Manager.
- This job may be performed in the office or on the jobsite and requires frequent sitting (often working on a computer), frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. Due to computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists.
- He/she must be able to navigate the job site and must comply with all Company safety requirements in the office and on the job site.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification.
- They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and cover letter to: email@example.com by 19th October, 2017
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Karbak Ventures Limited
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information