Admin/HR/Finance Officer at Skills Outside School Foundationwork Skills Outside School FoundationplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2019-10-29
Skills Outside School Foundation, an Education Management company, is hiring an Admin/HR/Finance Officer in Abuja.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Skills Outside School Foundation is seeking an Administration, HR and Finance Officer who will be in charge of:
- Administration - facilities management, logistics, secretariat and procurement
- HR – organizational planning; performance management; policy development & personnel management and all HR related matters
- Finance – budgeting, book keeping, expense tracking & management, and other finance duties
- The Officer will get to work directly with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels - staff, management, Trustees, external stakeholders, consultants, service providers/vendors, partners and other entities/individuals.
- The Officer needs to understand and have a good grasp of the organizational structure, policies, procedures and operations in depth.
- Consolidate information from the Team – the Board and all staff at all times and track action items and outcomes
- Maintain manual and electronic information database or bank including: documenting and reviewing applications for various roles, responding appropriately and relaying the information to the relevant stakeholders
- Update the filling system and manage filing the office documents for both hard and electronic copies
- Minutes taking at regular management meetings, schedule meetings, maintain the staff meeting calendar, circulate meeting agenda etc.
- Review and answer correspondence as required and calls/text messages to the foundation
- Receiving and dispatching post
- Making phone calls and/or responding to all callers in a friendly, professional and courteous manner whilst responding to queries from the general public including stakeholders and informing affected staff accordingly
- Drafting and Proofreading documents and letters to be sent by staff
- Routing callers appropriately to staff
- Verifying, identification and signing in guests
- Opening and closing of the office
- Taking ownership of the Foundation’s movement book for all staff to clock in and out
- Ensure all reading material located at the reception are up to date and in good condition
- Manage all front office equipment and ensure that all damage is reported promptly to management as appropriate
- Ensure that all emergency numbers are immediately available and accessible in the event of any emergency. This includes, nearby hospitals, fire services, security services’ company and nearby Nigerian Police
- Ensuring all office facilities are in order including fans, desks etc.
- Manage procurement and inventory
- Maintain asset register
- Ensuring all office materials are available e.g. envelopes, letter head etc.
- Managing logistics including travel arrangements, hotel and vehicle arrangements etc. for staff, guests, volunteers, Consultants etc. as may be required
- In charge of ensuring organization has adequate communication systems e.g. voice and video conferencing facilities
- Negotiate reasonable agreements for meeting space and other SOSF requirements
- Manage the preparation of the budget
- Recommend changes to implement and update financial policies and procedures
- Prepare and reconcile financial statements
- Establish and maintain vendor accounts
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Review, Approve and Pay expenses claim, business requirements, cash advances, minimum cash balance and other expenditures
- Document income and expenditure
- Ensure appropriate budget is provided for programs and other activities
- Manage requests for extra-budgetary expense
- Prepare income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Manage annual audit process with auditors
- Maintain financial files and record
- Analyse expenses and present findings on a monthly basis to the board
- Present financial statements for the annual report
- Preparation of job descriptions, staff assessments and promotions
- Maintain and administer annual and half year review plans
- Coordinate with the business heads to ensure job competency profiles and all other documentation is updated as and when needed
- Manage the development of a selection committee for interviews and managing interviews for job applicants
- Conduct induction programs for new employees
- Maintain and update induction pack
- Maintain and update staff handbook
- Update and administer documentation such as the exit interview form etc.
- Administer salaries and determine leave entitlements
- Update documentation relevant to recruitment
- Update organisational structure and relevant policies in line with board resolutions
- Administer employment contractual agreements, non-disclosure forms etc.
- Verify and report on benefits payments
- Maintain the leave management system and determine/reconcile leave entitlements
- Review remittances and itemized pay statements
- Supervise completion of the payroll with the Treasurer/Financial Secretary and develop a payroll report
- Monitor and record employee time sheets and leave requests
- Maintain current staff contact list and account details
- Policies and procedures review and documentation
- Maintain and update all the foundation’s policies and procedures
- Updating all the organisation’s documentation
- Review and update all human resources policies to meet the organization’s needs
The Admin, Finance and HR Officer should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization particularly with current partners and sponsors; Command a professional image.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundations’ mission, program objectives with relevant stakeholders.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization; Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, Monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of activities and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision; deadline driven, and able to manage multiple projects and engagements simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills
- Self- Management: Is self-directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility;
- A university Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field of study
- 1-2 years' experience in an Admin/Finance- related role
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs)
- Physical Demands (The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) - The Administration/HR/Finance Officer will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The Officer may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Sensory Demands (The nature of demands on the incumbent’s senses) - Sensory demands include use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches.
- Mental Demands (Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue) - The Administration/HR/Finance Officer will have to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Skills Outside School Foundation
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information