Administration Assistant at Save the Childrenwork Save the ChildrenplaceBornoDate Posted: 2019-10-17
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in need in the United States and around the world. We are recruiting to fill the position of an Administration Assistant in Maiduguri.
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To provide professional general administrative support, including front desk duties, document/information management, visa processing, flights, hotel bookings and program support.
- The job holder will also from time to time, be delegated other support duties including, but not limited to providing administrative support to programme teams based in Borno.
General Administration - Front Desk:
- You are to Provide administrative back-up to the team including but not limited to the following:
- Receive visitors and attend to their request and direct them to the appropriate staff
- Receive and send out official communications (letter, courier)
- Assist to co-ordinate office equipment/supplies by ensuring that all the equipment in the office are working and reporting any malfunctions/repairs/changes to be made
- Ensure required cleaning items and toiletries are always available
- Ensure the office is open and lock each day as assigned by the Admin Officer
- Ensure staff have access to the office if they are to work on weekend after the necessary approval is obtained by the staff
- Prepare meeting agendas, minute taking, tracking actions and key dates and organising events, meetings/workshop logistics e.g. booking venue/room, setting up conference calls e.t.c and ensuring action points are shared in good time
- Carry out filing of relevant materials and documents
- Disseminate formal communications to staff as directed by Line Manager
- Assist in the purchase of small sundry office supplies from Petty Cash for the office at large, and process invoices and expense claims as required
- Process monthly communication allowance recharge for all staff
- Assist to coordinate all support requests from programme team members/visiting staff for flight and hotel booking.
- Assist to liaise with the required hotel facilities to find the best options available and ensure value for money
- Assist in flight booking arrangement for the team
- Assist staff with relevant information on Visa processing – for example preparing Visa letters
- Assist to send visitors Pre Departure Information (PDI) and other communications prior to their arrival as assigned by line manager.
- Support program staff during workshops and events (local, internal and external – e.g. meetings with other teams, partner trainings and staff trainings)
- The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to, or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, in order to assist HR & Admin department by providing cover as needed
- Management of store as directed by Line Manager
- Manages the Admin Department’s Petty cash
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
Note: your line manager must be copied on all official communication
- Internal: Regular liaison with various teams in Borno and other state offices
- External: Contact with visitors, hotels, airlines/travel agents, immigration etc
Competencies And Behaviours
- Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
- Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
- Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
- Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Innovating and Adapting:
- Suggests creative improvements and better ways of working
- Seeks out and applies successful ideas from others to overcome challenges
- Shifts tasks, roles and priorities to perform effectively under changing or unclear conditions
- Applies lessons learned to enhance future ways of working
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise:
- Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
- Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
- Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively With Others:
- Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
- Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
- Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
- Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact
Communicating With Impact:
- Actively listens and seeks to understand before being understood
- Ensures communications are concise and well-structured
- Shares appropriate relevant and timely information with others
- Prepares effectively for meetings
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education - Diploma/B.Sc in relevant field
- Must have completed NYSC
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to manage time and diary
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal communication; fluent in English
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 25th October, 2019
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Save the Children
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information