Associate, Helpdesk at eHealth Africa (eHA)work eHealth Africa (eHA)placeKano, NigeriaDate Posted: 2021-11-19
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Purpose of the position
- The Associate helpdesk will be primarily responsible for answering queries and addressing system and user issues in a timely and professional manner.
- The associate will also be responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks through active monitoring.
What you’ll do
To perform this role successfully, the Associate Helpdesk must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide first-line response to requests for technical assistance received by phone, email, remote desktop, and help desk emails
- Maintain and support local and remote employee computers, tablets, smartphones, servers, printers, network equipment, and common applications
- Assemble, install, troubleshoot all PC, Server, Network hardware, and software
- Resolve all PC, Server, Network hardware, and software issues
- Responsible for PC’s, Printers, Servers, and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc)
- Automate the setup of various in-house applications
- Install, upgrade, and continuously improve the company operating environment
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring operating environments.
- Responding to incidents, problems, and planning for growth.
- Deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Monitor and manage fleet dispatch systems.
- Follow-up on helpdesk issues/requests until resolved
- As required, participate in after-hours projects and/or on-call rotation shifts
- Provide updates, status and completion reports to supervisors and user
- Help track and inventory all computer hardware via a ticketing system
- You must exhibit a great amount of flexibility in delivering your duties.
- You must be flexible to undertake any other reasonable duty assigned by your supervisor
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- You will be required to frequently travel between company worksites and client locations when required
- Provide ad hoc support to projects and partners
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- You must always adhere to policies and procedures.
- You will adhere to the eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Technology, or other related field or equivalent years of education and work experience or any related field.
- One - Two (1-2) years working experience in Networking/Network Administration, preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to assess and learn new technology quickly.
- The capability of adapting to rapidly changing business requirements is required.
- Experience with business rules management systems and decision engines is a plus.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays. Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills, including Google applications, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized for ticketing and managing escalations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
eHealth Africa (eHA)
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe