Backup Data Protection Engineer at MainOne Cablework MainOne CableplaceLagosDate Posted: 2021-01-27
MainOne Cable - We are recruiting to fill the position of a Backup Data Protection Engineer in Lagos.
- The Backup / Data Protection Engineer is responsible for administering, configuring, and ensuring backups are completed as scheduled.
- Required to work closely with the GNOC and Cloud Operations teams to provide support to customers in line with SLAs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage all backup and recovery tools and systems.
- Provide 2nd level support as required.
- Define and deliver on capacity planning analysis and monthly reporting.
- Provide mentorship to engineers and support staff.
- Provide support and analysis of complex problems.
- Ensure operating standards and procedures are defined and adhered to by others.
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure and process improvements.
- Advise on technology trends and standards.
- Any and all additional job duties as defined by hosting management
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related engineering field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Commvault / Veeam
- Certification in either Backup technologies a significant advantage
- Experience working with virtualization technologies ( Hyper-V/VMware)
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud
- Experience working with Windows/Linux operating systems
- Networking experience will be an added advantage
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player with strong collaboration and engagement skills
Demands of the Job
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe