Customer Support Representative (French) at Paystackwork PaystackplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-07-26
Paystack helps businesses in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. We are hiring a Customer Support Representative (French) in Lagos, Nigeria.
About the Customer Support Rep (French) Role
As a Customer Support Representative at Paystack, you'll be a member of the Growth team, which means that you'll be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners in Africa with both the knowledge and the courage they need to bring their ideas to life. If that feeling were a sound, it would sound like this.
We're looking for articulate recent graduates who're fluent in BOTH English and French, who're curious, empathetic, and kind, and who're looking to launch their career at a fast-growing tech startup that cares deeply about personal and professional development.
You'll work side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career. Our team is small but highly accomplished, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
Paystack is one of the largest payments companies in Nigeria (with plans to expand across Africa), so as a member of the team, you'll engage with literally thousands of businesses, learning a lot about different business models and industries, and about how money moves within Nigeria and across the continent.
This is a full-time role. Candidates based in Nigeria will work out of company headquarters in Ikeja GRA, while team members outside Nigeria will have the opportunity to work remotely.
What will you be doing? You will:
- solve problems for Paystack merchants and our merchants' customers via email, phone, live chat, social media, and in person
- process routine merchant requests such as business activation requests
- work with assigned Product Teams to deeply understand and improve some aspect of Paystack's suite of products
- update the self-serve Help Desk knowledge base so that merchant's can get answers quickly
- escalate transaction issues to and liaise with external partners such as banks for resolution
- support Key Account Managers to meet the needs of our largest merchants
- highlight ideas on how to improve the product and better serve businesses and their customers
- represent Paystack at self-hosted and external events
What does it take to succeed in this role? You:
- are an excellent writer and speaker of BOTH English and French, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain, compelling language
- have an endless capacity for patience and calm, even when everyone around you is freaking out
- embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- appreciate the importance of following up: either with members of the Paystack team on behalf of customers, or following up with customers to assure them that their issue is being worked on
- are interested in learning all you can about how to provide world-class customer support
- love to do the work to solve complex issues when the answers are not readily available
While this is not a reuirement, it would be a plus if you
- are a resident of - or have lived or worked in - a West African Francophone country
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information