Designer at Jumiawork JumiaplaceLagos, NigeriaDate Posted: 2021-11-30
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- You will handle the production of Jumia marketing design production for online & offline needs.You will also act as a touch point for design related consultations from onsite to marketing run campaigns local operations.
- You will produce design materials for all Jumia marketing, commercial, onsite, andsocial engagements requirements. You will assist in creating and developing campaign ideas and concepts, applying consumer and experiences on/in Jumia. You will share incremental improvements, feedback on process, and participate in regular creative brainstorm sessions.
- You will produce design work, enforce quality control guidelines for all design assets during campaigns and normal CP. You will participate in skills transfer within the team.You will exemplify our Jumia culture as a design ambassador; you will be expected to be a role model to all Jumia employees.
- You will participate in training sessions.
- You need to keep up with ecommerce trends and learnings from within Jumia and out, you will be expected to study and keep up with world design fails and success stories related to ecommerce, innovations from other leading platforms to help develop new ground-breaking products for local applications. You will be expected to learn and develop from regular consultation with team members and relevant knowledge acquisition over your time in Jumia.
- You will incorporate best practices and success case scenarios to shape future marketing and engagement communications through design.
Brand Maintenance and Development:
- Maintain consistency in use of the brands. You will study and use our brand guides and rule books to make sure all our communications adhere to our brand identity.
- You will act as a guardian to said brand identity and call out fails and breaches in said brand guides execution. You will propose and observe areas of improvements for said guidelines; even if just to update them.
Marketing and Campaigns:
- Create visual identities and oversee their adaptation across multiple platforms Work with stakeholders to review and approve final campaign assets and guides You will apply and review production on said guides for enforcement, QC fails and recommend changes on team’s design production Research market trends and conduct competitive analysis to improve inhouse standards and benchmarks, making recommendations to your team lead Promote skills development and tools competence within the team.
- Promote creative skills development by promoting curiosity and inquisitive attitudes within team matesRecommend training and improvement programs to your team lead Share capacity deficit concerns with your team lead or senior designers.
- Escalate if in doubt during production Make a strong role model influence off the clock and on it. Grow your team as designers and people as well.
UI / UX and Product:
- Propose improvements during test cycles and give feedback on design samples and modules Receive feedback from other teams about design and interaction bottlenecks on the websites and escalate using proper channels for action.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree/Cert. in Design, Visual/Fine Arts or a relevant field.
- 1+ years of creative design or comparative position or equivalent experience(experience in ecommerce/ customer experience would be a plus).
- Strong people skills.
- Comfortable working in a high impact, high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in design tools e.g., Adobe suite.
- Good in taking critique.
- Tolerant working under pressure where high stakes are on the table.
- Showcased creativity.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe