DevOps Engineer at Opera Softwarework Opera SoftwareplaceLagosDate Posted: 2018-04-23
Opera Software is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the growing Opera Payments Engineering Team located across Sweden, Kenya, and Nigeria.
The ideal candidate should be able to work together with the developers, project lead and security team to grow and improve our cloud infrastructure; automate development processes; build tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations; and troubleshoot issues in our development, test, and production environments.
Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for various services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
At Opera Software, we develop superior products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
- Improve and scale infrastructure in AWS according to the needs of the project
- Build and maintain IT solutions for internal processes
- Cooperate with the security team to ensure that our setup remains secure
- Provide technical support for the developers
- Integrate and migrate legacy infrastructure to the cloud
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, structured, quality-driven, and able to take initiative
- Systems administration experience with Linux
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience with docker containers orchestration, such as ECS, Kubernetes, and Docker Swarm
- Deep understanding of the network stack and traffic routing
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Ideal job requirements
- Programming skills in Go
- Experience in “infrastructure-as-a-code” platforms (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- MongoDB administration experience
- Version control systems (GIT)
Click here to apply if interested
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information