Entrepreneur Selection & Growth Associate at Endeavor Nigeriawork Endeavor NigeriaplaceNigeriaDate Posted: 2018-02-22
Endeavor is leading a global movement to catalyse long-term economic growth in developing economies by selecting, mentoring, and accelerating High Impact Entrepreneurs that are leading strong scaleups worldwide. Since its inception in 1997, Endeavor has screened 50,000+ candidates and selected 1,500+ entrepreneurs to join the global Endeavor Network, which includes 4,000+ leading business leaders. Endeavor Entrepreneurs (‘EEs’) have created 700,000 jobs and generated $10 billion+ in revenues.
Endeavor Entrepreneurs include Marcos Galperin, founder of MercadoLibre, Latin America’s leading e-commerce company (now NASDAQ-listed with a current market capitalisation of over $16 billion); Nevzat Aydin, founder of Yemeksepeti, Turkey’s largest online food delivery platform (acquired by Delivery Hero for $589 million in 2015); and (since 2017) Ken Njoroge, founder of Cellulant, a fintech company that is driving financial inclusion in Kenya and Nigeria using mobile payments technology
Endeavor recently launched its office in Nigeria. We are looking to add an Associate to focus on Entrepreneur Selection & Growth (‘ESG’). The successful candidate will primarily support sourcing, evaluation and selection of potential EE candidates (‘Pre-Selection’), as well as servicing of our EEs in Nigeria (‘Post-Selection’).
The successful candidate will live in Lagos, and have a demonstrably strong interest in, and good working knowledge of, the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Nigeria. She/he will be enthusiastic about Endeavor’s mission, have a strong commercial acumen, a good grasp of business and an ability to identify and evaluate high potential entrepreneurs, scalable business models and impactful companies.
This role is likely to appeal to two kinds of candidates (1-3 years’ professional experience), both career-switchers: (1) professionals currently in investment banking, PE/VC or management consulting, looking for a more mission-focused experience; and (2) professionals with 2-4 years’ experience in industry, looking to ultimately transition to roles in PE/VC or investment banking. However, we will consider any other profiles that meet the requirements.
To apply, please send a one page CV and a one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
● Support sourcing and selection of EEs in Nigeria.
● Help build and manage a strong pipeline of potential candidates; work to convert strong leads into EEs.
● Prepare high-quality reports and assessments (including reviews of candidate business models, competitive strengths/weaknesses, operating metrics and financials) to support Endeavor’s selection process.
● Help to prepare, guide and coach Nigeria’s EE candidates through the different stages of the selection process, which will include local and international selection panels.
● Coordinate the logistics of quarterly local selection panels, and, from time to time, attend/support at international selection panels.
● Help to manage the Nigeria EE portfolio by developing a deep understanding of companies/industry verticals.
● Lead day-to-day servicing of dedicated EE accounts, working with Endeavor’s global ESG team, by bringing together the strategic/operational goals of our EEs, Endeavor’s service offering and leveraging the experience of the global Endeavor Network.
● Using Salesforce, run reports and dashboards regularly to office performance, and to keep complete and accurate EE records.
● Help to build a pipeline and recruit a strong portfolio of experts and business leaders to join Endeavor’s Network as Nigeria mentors.
● Support the preparation and logistics of board meetings and other events.
● Work with the rest of the Endeavor Nigeria team to build the Endeavor brand in Nigeria, especially within the business and entrepreneur communities.
Skills & Qualifications:
● Up to 3 years of relevant work experience.
● Undergraduate degree (minimum 2.1 qualification).
● Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
● Proven analytical ability, with strong attention to detail.
● Proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
● Excellent organisational abilities. Familiarity with Salesforce/Slack an advantage.
● Team-player, with strong interpersonal skills.
● Charismatic, with strong public speaking skills.
● Demonstrable passion for business and entrepreneurship.
● Flexibility and willingness to travel.
ESG Associates, Managers and MDs in Nigeria and other Endeavor offices globally, EEs, mentors, and other Endeavor Network members.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe