Grants Specialist at RTI Internationalwork RTI InternationalplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2019-10-15
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Grants Specialist in Abuja
- The Grants Specialist will coordinate and support the administration (USF in kind grants milestone development, follow up with state EWASH teams on outstanding documents, means of verification to close-out) of all in-kind grants under Utility Support Funds.
- The incumbent of this position will have to administrate E-WASH and USAID norms and procedures and is responsible for preparing required reports in coordination with the USF manager and USF Procurement Specialist.
- Support the USF Manager in the administration of the USF In-grants program, ensuring compliance with RTI and USAID guidelines.
- Work directly with USF Manager, Component Leads, and Project leadership in supporting the State Water Boards (SWBs) developing proposals and milestones tables process, and the preparation of the grant application, including drafting requests, collecting documentation, and vetting submission.
- Participant in site visits of current and future grantees, evaluating usage of in-kind contribution by SWBs and administrative areas to determine level of risk; provide recommendations to grant execution based on assessment.
- In consultation with USF Manager, provide direction and guidance to Grantees on property management and control, as needed.
- Conduct post-award orientation meeting with the SWBS to ensure that all terms/conditions of the contract /grant were understood.
- In coordination with the USF Manager, perform periodic evaluations in order to review compliance with grant requirements and RTI/USAID regulations. Detect and resolve implementation problems.
- Support the Finance Manager and USF Manager in the administration and oversight of grant expenditures in accordance with RTI and USAID guidelines.
In coordination with the USF Manager;
- Maintain good reporting processes for all in-kind grants, reporting any grants pipeline issues to management on a monthly basis.
- Monitor milestone table budget to ensure project expenditures versus milestones and milestone means of verification.
- Follow with state teams and collect progress report on the implantation of milestone activities.
- Keep official files updated.
- Assists with review of in-kind grant budget preparation, review and submissions
- Assist with tracking costs of SWBs in-kind grants
- Other duties as assigned by Project Grants Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related fields and 1 year of experience in similar positions, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability of fluent communication, oral and written, in Spanish and English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Effective teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as One Single MS WORD document on or before 22nd October, 2019, using the Job Title as subject of the email (no other text should be on this subject line).
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information