Intervention Assistant at Coffey International Developmentwork Coffey International DevelopmentplaceLagosDate Posted: 2018-03-19
Coffey International Development is hiring an Intervention Assistant – Lagos, Nigeria
Nigeria Policing Programme
- We are looking for an intervention assistant to support the Nigeria Policing Programme's operations in Lagos.
- The project runs until end of March 2019.
- Lagos, Nigeria.
The Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) is funded by the British High Commission through the Conflict, Stabilisation and Security Fund (CSSF). The programme aims to improve the Nigerian Police Force’s contribution to the delivery of safety and security for Nigerians in target states; strengthen internal and external accountability mechanisms; and improve the coherence of security provision among and between formal and informal security actors.
NPP will work to support the areas of accountability for professional standards; enhancing community policing practices within the police; evidence led resource allocation; and, cohesion and coordination among policing actors on safety and security issues that matter to Nigeria’s people. NPP will do this through; building capacity within the NPF and targeted policing accountability mechanisms; providing technical assistance to key counterparts and institutions to improve their functioning; facilitate improved communication within and between security actors; and improve the effectiveness of public outreach and public advocacy. Ultimately, NPP will seek to contribute to an outcome where the NPF in target areas, and targeted accountability mechanisms are, and are perceived to be more capable and responsive institutions with improved integrity We will work vertically through the administrative levels – Federal, State, Local – addressing the identified problems at each to maximise impact throughout the policing structures. We will also work horizontally to ensure that interventions are designed to improve service delivery, accountability, coherence, and evidence based resourcing and planning in a joined up and meaningful way.
The Intervention Assistant will be responsible for supporting the effective functioning of NPPs office in Lagos, and supporting NPPs activities at state level. They will be required to provide administrative and financial support. This will include but not be limited to:
- Assistance in the reconciliation of petty cash and financial requests for the state office.
- Supporting procurement of assets for state office, and ensure proper documentation.
- Supporting logistics related to intervention activities/project management.
- Ensure smooth running of events and meetings.
- Ensuring compliance to NPPs processes.
- Undertake general administrative tasks such as printing, scanning, filing.
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of the project office.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of financial administration, including handling petty cash and completing financial forms and filing.
- Experience of project administration and supporting project activities, including workshops.
- Experience of general office administration duties
- Experience using Microsoft Excel is desirable.
Competencies and behaviours
- Ability to work in a small team, with a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Grounding in financial and project administration
- Well organised and a strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Please click here for more information and application
Applications close: 25 March 2018
Coffey International Development
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe