IT Associate at Rovedana Limitedwork Rovedana Limitedplace LagosDate Posted: 2019-04-24
Rovedana Limited - Our client is a start-up mini-grid company that is currently developing a fully commercial, pilot mini-grid project in Nigeria with the intent to scale up and rapidly install several mini-grids across the country. They are recruiting to fill the position of IT Associate.
- The IT Associate will be responsible for installing, operating and maintaining a suite of computer systems, applications and networks that underpin our ability to render a high-quality service to our customers.
- The successful IT Associate must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimizes performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance with minimal interruption to work processes.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- End to end project life cycle management for deploying new applications and upgrades
- Training users on applications to ensure maximum value is secured from their use
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Procurement and inventory management of computer and network equipment
- Communicate with management team and clients to identify their needs
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure adequate functionality
- BSc/ BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 2 years + proven experience as a software developer or software engineer
- Programming skills and knowledge of coding languages will be an added advantage
- Experience working with source control systems like VSS and TFS
- Experience with databases and object-relational mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Proficiency in SQL development mainly on Microsoft SQL database platform.
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL and development in Oracle databases.
- Complete understanding of application development life cycle
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Great leadership and team player skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs with the job title “IT Associate” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information