Junior Information Technology Officer (Line 5 Cement Industry) at Dangote Groupwork Dangote GroupplaceObajana, Kogi, NigeriaDate Posted: 2020-12-17
Dangote Group, one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates is hiring a Junior Information Technology Officer (Line 5 Cement Industry) in Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
Ref Id: ObajanaIT001
- Assist in the management of network infrastructure and implementation of network solutions at DCP plants in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to end users of DCP’s IT network infrastructure at the plants.
- Implement approved frameworks and mechanisms for maximizing network performance and reducing network associated risks.
- Liaise with the Plant IT Coordinator to implement network control frameworks at DCP plants to ensure the integrity of DCP’s network.
- Serve as a technical resource and first-level escalation point at DCP plants for complex network related issues.
- Provide server, IP network and IP Private Branch Exchange (IP PBX) support at DCP plants.
- Suggest strategies for managing anticipated downtimes to reduce the impact on business operations.
- Undertake routine preventive measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
- Install, upgrade and configure network printers, directory structures, user access, security software and file services.
- Ensure regular update of the configuration management system.
- Oversee the setup of user accounts, permissions, passwords, and allocation of network resources.
- Monitor network usage at plants and ensure user compliance with approved guidelines.
- Monitor the maintenance and update of the configuration management system to track configuration management items (i.e., hardware, software, and network).
- Ensure integrity of LAN/ WAN security at the plant, in liaison with the Group LAN/ WAN Support Engineer.
- Perform LAN/ WAN support functions down to the last line of support, before escalating to third-party service providers/ vendors.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Plant IT Coordinator.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good working knowledge of IT networking solutions.
- Working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
- Working knowledge of network management and security systems.
- Working knowledge of remote access solution and proxies.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe