Loan Collections Officer at FairMoneywork FairMoneyplaceLagosDate Posted: 2022-04-25
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Loan Collections Officer in Lagos
- We are currently looking for passionate individuals who have a flair for debit recovery to join a fast growing team in Lagos.
- You will be working as our Loan Recovery Agent in our Lending team.
- You will be based in Lagos and working with our other Customer Success representatives, as well as our other teams based in Paris & India.
- Your mission is to support the business while we continue to be the #1 choice for digital lending in Nigeria.
- You will do this by ensuring that customers with delinquent loans are contacted, negotiate overdue payments and carry out necessary actions that initiates recovery.
- We also need a folk who is going to help improve the team’s overall collections rate.
Roles and Responsibilities
Your mission will be to:
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Follow up with customers for all outstanding payments and identify problematic accounts.
- Ensures Non-Performing Loans are followed up and monitored diligently.
- Responsible for communicating with delinquent borrowers, establishing and developing effective payment plans with the delinquent borrowers.
- Listen actively to customers and ensure conversation is collection driven.
- Advise customers on their payment options and best methods of payment.
- Properly document information from the conversation.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- 2 years and above experience in microfinance operations directly dealing with delinquent clients and other problem-solving situations.
- Apt in negotiating and persuading.
- Good knowledge of the collection process and approach.
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- You may have understanding / working knowledge of a collections system (advantageous)
- You should be comfortable skills in Microsoft office.
- You should have working experience within an outbound debt collections environment / outbound sales environment / outbound customer service environment.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply
- Typing test + Online Soft-skills test
- A screening call with the Senior Recruiter - 30 minutes
- Technical interview with the hiring manager - 30 minutes.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe