Mobile Engineer at Descasio Limitedwork Descasio LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-01-22
Descasio Limited, an Information Technology & Services, is hiring a Mobile Engineer in Lagos.
We are looking for a strong mobile engineer to help us build our application for our clients. As our ideal Mobile Engineer, you will be comfortable stepping into a fast-paced environment with agile sprints, peer reviews, and in-house design and QA teams supporting the projects. You will work as a contributor on a tightly knit team focused on developing highly functional software solutions for our users. As a Mobile Engineer, you will work with designers, developers, and product managers to build innovative applications addressing real-world problems.
We’re looking for a Mobile Engineer that enjoys the challenge of solving hard problems on small devices with relatively low computing power.
What will you be doing?
- Developing mobile applications for iPhone and/or Android [as well as server-side APIs].
- Writing a coherent, organized code. The ideal candidates must be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction
- Working with Product Management to help define functional specifications for mobile applications
- Implementing multi-device application features as part of an interactive Agile development process
- Researching, adopting and integrating new technologies
- Innovating and improving existing products and mobile app features
- Taking ownership of projects to ensure their successful completion with respect to deadlines
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance in developing a test plan to ensure successful deployment of updates
- Collaborating with our designers to build beautiful mobile UI components.
- Working with our backend engineers to push/pull data between our mobile app and servers.
- Helping architect our mobile apps on both Android and iOS using React Native.
- Helping to implement the mobile testing framework.
What will you need to be considered for this role?
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- 2+ years of Android or iOS development.
- Successfully developed and deployed at least 1 native iOS or Android application that showcases a rich, interactive user interface and utilizes client-server communication.
- Comfortable with Xcode and completing projects in Objective-C without Interface Builder.
- Comfortable with Android Studio, Java, and the Android SDK.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms and screen sizes.
- Experience in any one or more of the following areas is a plus, but not required: Android automation using Espresso or equivalent
- Desire to grow professionally with a small, focused team in a fast-moving company.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bonus: React Native
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, high energy, team-oriented environment.
- A fantastic team player, communicator, and facilitator. You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
That said, possessing all of the above requirements would be ideal but please feel free to apply if
you don’t. We welcome interaction with brilliant minds.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe