PLC Application Engineers at Schneider Electricwork Schneider ElectricplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-12-17
Schneider Electric, a Global Specialist in Energy Management and market leader in industrial automation and software, is hiring a PLC Application Engineer in Lagos
Ref No: 006J6C
- To provide software coding, application, configuration and system engineering during the design, build, test phase and hardware installation support of automated control system projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure technical information is communicated to all relevant parties as appropriate. Attend and document meetings as appropriate.
- Performs installation, startup and commissioning of Schneider products at the system level
- Perform preventive and remedial maintenance on company instruments and/or systems
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required.
- All aspects of application software and system engineering, including training and working to delivery of:
- System specification, design, implementation, configuration for Schneider Electric product and 3rd party supply.
- System testing and conducting Client witness testing, 3rd Party equipment acceptance testing.
- Selection and integration of Schneider Electric and third party purchased equipment.
- Define the system network, calculate processor, memory loading and other engineering calculations.
- Design field loop circuits and specify hardware components.
- Ensure technical compliance to customers’ specification relating to assigned areas of work.
- To be aware of the development of existing and new Schneider Electric hardware and software products.
- Interprets customer technical specifications and produces detailed design specifications for implementation
- HND or equivalent level in an Engineering discipline - preferably Electronic, Electrical, Control or Software.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- Minimum 2 years engineering experience within a leading automation project organization.
- Ability to problem solve and think adaptively, able to react to changing requirements
- Experience of team working, possessing the necessary communication skills to influence and get results
- Awareness of automation control systems technologies.
- Good PLC programming and maintenance skills
- Computer literate, with strong excel and word capability.
- BEng Degree in Electronic/Control Engineering. Commercial and business training. Schneider Electric or other manufacturers product training.
- Experience/knowledge of automated control systems.
- Knowledge of software design methods and systems design and software languages at high and medium level.
- Knowledge of electrical circuit design and basics of electrical design theory.
- Working knowledge of Functional Safety Management process.
- Understanding of safety related applications (F&G, ESD, PSD).
- Process / Control / Instrumentation / Electrical knowledge
- Commissioning experience.
- Tricon (or similar) industrial controller experience.
- HMI knowledge (InTouch Wonderware).
- Experience of database applications with Access and Excel
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe