Proactive Engineer at Dangote Groupwork The Dangote GroupplaceLagosDate Posted: 2018-01-29
The Dangote Group is hiring a Proactive Engineer in Ikeja, Lagos.
- Identify and respond to security events at Edge and for our customers.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure security issues with the operations and applications teams responsible for the design, build and operations of Dangote global network infrastructure.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Ensuring 99.9% network availability by proactively monitoring and Maintenance of all monitoring tool (PRTG, etc).
- Fault management, configuration and Change Management activities.
- Observing trends and generating server or network reports to maintain & enhance quality service.
- Providing 1st level support to all Data Center, Network, Server or Security related issue.
- Monitor, alert on, resolve and document equipment hardware, software, environment, operating parameters, etc. to ensure acceptable performance levels are maintained.
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution) following procedures and policy.
- Proper documentation and reports of equipment performance in the Data Center.
- Restriction, monitoring and control of access into the Data Center.
- To ensure that management are updated with regular reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual) depending on management need.
- Responsible for all Change Management Request (CMR) for the Data Center, Links and Site activities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with coding/scripting in Python, Perl, Ruby or Bash.
- Experience with the Linux operating system, cloud infrastructure (i.e. Azure or GCP) and networking concepts.
- Experience with large distributed systems.
- Experience identifying potential vulnerabilities and driving them to closure.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and responding to security or privacy issues, including developing signatures, monitoring alerts, detailed logs analysis, and investigation.
- Familiarity with log analysis, anomaly detection, data loss prevention (DLP), intrusion detection systems (IDS) and signature development.
- Familiarity with network design, network security, authentication, authorization techniques, and encryption protocols and standards.
- Ability to scale themselves by identifying and/or driving efficient processes or automation to reduce ongoing incidents.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders and to juggle multiple time-sensitive projects efficiently.
Click here to apply
The Dangote Group
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information