Software and Systems Engineer at Schneider Electricwork Schneider ElectricplaceLagosDate Posted: 2018-03-22
Schneider Electri, a European multinational corporation that specializes in energy management, automation solutions, spanning hardware, software, and services, is looking hire a Software and Systems Engineer in Lagos, Nigeria
About the role
- To provide software coding, application, configuration and system engineering during the design, build, test phase and hardware installation support of automated control system projects.
- Provide customer-site installation, servicing, training, troubleshooting, and upgrades for customers where the work requires system-level knowledge and may require oversight from a Senior Engineer.
- Is accountable for developing technical competence, understanding of Schneider products and their applications, and professional (customer-facing) capabilities.
- All aspects of application software and system engineering, including training and working to delivery of:
- System specification, design, implementation, configuration for Schneider Electric product and 3rd party supply.
- System testing and conducting Client witness testing, 3rd Party equipment acceptance testing.
- Selection and integration of Schneider Electric and third party purchased equipment.
- Define the system network, calculate processor, memory loading and other engineering calculations.
- Design field loop circuits and specify hardware components.
- Ensure technical compliance to customers’ specification relating to assigned areas of work.
- To be aware of the development of existing and new Schneider Electric hardware and software products.
- Interprets customer technical specifications and produces detailed design specifications for implementation.
- Ensure technical information is communicated to all relevant parties as appropriate. Attend and document meetings as appropriate.
- Performs installation, startup and commissioning of Schneider products at the system level
- Perform preventive and remedial maintenance on company instruments and/or systems
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required.
Essential: HND or equivalent level in an engineering discipline – preferably Electronic, Electrical, Control or Software. Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
Desirable: Degree in Electronic/Control Engineering. Commercial and business training. Schneider Electric or other manufacturers product training.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years engineering experience within a leading automation project organization.
- Ability to problem solve and think adaptively, able to react to changing requirements
- Experience of team working, possessing the necessary communication skills to influence and get results
- Awareness of automation control systems technologies.
- Computer literate, with strong excel and word capability.
- Experience/knowledge of automated control systems.
- Knowledge of software design methods and systems design and software languages at high and medium level.
- Knowledge of electrical circuit design and basics of electrical design theory.
- Working knowledge of Functional Safety Management process.
- Understanding of safety related applications (F&G, ESD, PSD).
- Process / Control / Instrumentation / Electrical knowledge
- Commissioning experience.
- Tricon (or similar) industrial controller experience.
- HMI knowledge (InTouch Wonderware).
- Experience of database applications with Access and Excel
Click here to apply
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe