Systems Administrator (Information Systems and Technology) at ipNX Nigeria Limitedwork ipNX Nigeria LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2021-01-04
ipNX Nigeria Limited, one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies, is hiring a Systems Administrator in Lagos
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems (hardware and software) and related infrastructure to enable continuous innovation within the information systems landscape
Expected Key Results:
- Network Infrastructure Uptime/AvailabilityAdminister server infrastructure in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Identify and promote best systems administration practices and patterns
- Perform continuous system/network monitoring
- Provide Tier II/other support
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing
- Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale
- Minimum 2.2/Upper Credit Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Information Technology / Computer
- Professional Qualification (CCNA, ITIL, LPIC/CompTIA, etc.) an added advantage
- Ability to leverage technology to develop and enhance functional competencies
- Systems Administrative role in Linux environment
- Knowledge of networking and network monitoring/management
- Database Management – MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle an added advantage.
- Linux, Windows Server, Solaris administration experience necessary, in that order of preference
- Experience with scripting, installation and migration concepts – in Bash, Perl, Python
- Virtual Infrastructure administration experience with KVM or VMware highly desired. Storage Area Network administration experience a plus
- Experience administering a centralized data backup and recovery infrastructure, including installation and configuration of open source data backup solutions like Bacula, BareOS, etc.
- Experience deploying and administering web servers – Apache/Nginx/Tomcat
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like Ovirt, OpenStack a plus
- Experience with Dev/Ops tooling to build, configure and deploy, a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack or Puppet) a plus
- Working knowledge of WHM/cPanel (website admin panel) and Relational Database Management Systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience supporting a high traffic customerfacing website infrastructure
- Experience administering and troubleshooting load balancing appliances in a production environment
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in network management
- Previous years of experience working in an ISP environment, a plus.
- Ability to document and implement processes to increase efficiency, productivity, reliability and scalability
- Project management skills a definite asset
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Team Work
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online on or before March 31, 2020.
ipNX Nigeria Limited
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe