UOP Nigeria Junior Business Development Technical Support Engineer at Honeywell International Incwork Honeywell International IncplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-04-04
Honeywell International Inc., an American multinational conglomerate company that makes a variety of commercial and consumer products, engineering services and aerospace systems, is recruiting to fill the position of UOP Nigeria Junior Business Development Technical Support Engineer in Lagos, Ikoyi.
- UOP is an international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the research and development of petroleum and petrochemical processing.
- Our broad objectives center on the continual development and improvement of petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production technology.
- There is an immediate opening for a Technical Business Development Engineer in the Process Technology and Equipment (PT&E) Sales Department. This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Initially supporting and assisting the activities of the Lagos-based Business Development / Service Manager, the objective of the holder of this position is to grow into customer-facing role with direct responsibility for managing UOP’s technical support to the customer base.
- The Lagos-based Business Development/Sales team provides the necessary customer coverage, relationship management and commercial and technical positioning of UOP process technology and equipment to ensure optimum market share in the region of West and Central Africa. The team requires flexibility, innovation and sensitivity to client needs and to delivery of value.
- The Lagos Business Development /sales team will provide extensive support to all Business Units within UOP.
- Candidates should have a sound technical background, ideally in the refining, gas processing and/or petrochemical industry and be motivated towards meeting customer needs and helping to overcome their operational challenges.
- Grow and maintain strong relationships wit key customer personnel and ensure satisfaction with UOP processes & products.
- Promoting and delivering UOP’s full Service portfolio to support the diverse needs of our customers across the
- lifecycle of their refinery assets.
- Use technical insight and interpersonal skills to identify opportunities for UOP technology upgrades.
- Grow the depth and breadth of your knowledge of UOP technology, support Technology Transfer, and become a Trusted
- Advisor to your customers.
- Deliver Service to our customers that is second to none
- Identify solutions for customers to maximise their value from UOP's processes and products.
- Build close customer working relationships based on trust, meeting commitments and understanding customer's value drivers
- Work with Sales colleagues to develop and execute on Customer Account Plans to identify and maximise revenue opportunities
- Managing and expediting accounts receivables for assigned customers.
- Implementing customer plans and maintaining customer contact records in conjunction with the other SBU’s.
- Assisting in identifying and communicating cross-SBU project opportunities to the relevant SBU.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree / equivalent in Chemical / Petrochemical /Petroleum Engineering
- 1 to 3 years max experience in Refining, Petrochemicals and/or Oil & Gas industries
- Effective communication skills - verbal, writing and representational
- Strong technical / analytical / problem solving skills
- Flexibility in Travelling
- Ability to proactively promote customer interest in UOP solutions
- Significant computer literacy.
- Knowledge of UOP Technologies and Engineered Products
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence at varying levels across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently
- Ability to use experience to appropriately apply the established standards
- Demonstrated ability to attain sales quotas/targets
- Prior industry experience
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply
Honeywell International Inc
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information