Warehouse Assistant at Save the Childrenwork Save the ChildrenplaceMaiduguriDate Posted: 2019-04-15
Save the Children, an international non-governmental organisation that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries, is hiring a Warehouse Assistant in Maiduguri.
- Under the supervision of the Warehouse Officer, deliver timely, effective and accountable logistics support to Save the Children warehouse functions: receiving and dispatch of goods to field locations and warehouse inventory tracking
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Warehouse Officer
- Staff reporting to this post: None
- Budget Responsibilities: None.
- Role Dimensions: Provide support to line manager in stock movements.
Key Areas of Accountability
- To provide alternate and additional support to SCI warehouses in the response (general and medical).
- Supervise loading and offloading, including counting of items to be received or dispatched.
- Verify quantity (and quality when applicable) of stock during receipt and dispatch.
- Ensure all warehouse stock are properly arranged and grouped, based on instruction of supervisors.
- Produce documents for stock in and out when requested.
- Particpate in stock verification.
- Support stock transportation and distribution to the filed.
- Ensure warehouse cleanliness and support in keeping limited access to the warehouse for unauthorized person.
- Ensure under age children is not involve in any labor work in the warehouse.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Administration or Economics or relevant Social Science course
- Professional certification in Procurement, Warehouse Management an added advantage
Experience and Skills
- Must have completed NYSC
- Previous experience in similar responsibilities, preferably with NGO and/or UN agency.
- Experience in working together and supervise the work of casual workers in the warehouse.
- Knowledge of storage and physical arrangement of various shape and type of warehouse items.
- Highly flexible and ability to work in a team.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English and Hausa – Excellent
- Level of IT literacy Required – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email system, Internet browsing) excellent
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 1
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO: Minimum 1 year
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Experience working with Save the children
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 27th April, 2019.
Save the Children
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information