Web Developer at Opera Softwarework Opera SoftwareplaceLagosDate Posted: 2018-04-23
Opera Software is looking for a Web Developer to join the growing Opera Payments Engineering Team in Lagos, Nigeria.
The Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for various services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
At Opera Software, we develop superior products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
- Work on the front-end of our Golang servers, turning our UX design wireframes into production UI
- Help design the overall architecture of the web application
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Strong web development skills, including:
- Translation of VD/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Design of the overall architecture of the web application
- Implementation of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for speed and scalability
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Ideal job requirements
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as Sass
- Understanding the differences between multiple delivery platforms and how to work with responsive design
- Management of hosting environment, containerization, and scaling an application to support load changes
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Click here to apply if interested.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe