What is Memory?
Memory is the ability to retain knowledge. The process of forming a memory involves encoding, storing and retrieving information. Encoding refers to process of using the senses to acquire information about something and registering the information. Storage refers to the process of storing the encoded information. Retrieval refers to the process of getting the stored information out of storage.
Having a good memory is essential for a happy and successful life, as the quality will help you retain knowledge and remember information when you need it. Below is our idea of how to improve your memory.
How to Improve Your Memory
- eat right
- avoid multitasking to improve your ability to concentrate
- work out your memory by playing games such as crossword puzzles and Sudoku
- learn and practice effective stress management
- sleep well daily to improve your memory consolidation and prepare your brain to learn new information
- do aerobic exercises regularly
- use mnemonic devices to learn and remember information
References and Further Reading