What is Teamwork?
Teamwork is a cooperative effort by a group or team to achieve a goal. Teamwork involves two or more persons working together, supporting each other, applying their different skills and personalities, and sharing their insights and perspectives to achieve a goal.
Teamwork when managed properly is a better way to work because individual members are able to accomplish more than they can do alone. Below are some tips on how to work well in a team.
How to Work Well in a Team
- know and understand your team’s goals
- know and understand your role in the team
- appreciate the roles of other team members
- be friendly, cheerful and positive
- follow team instructions and rules carefully
- put the interest of the team above yours
- complete your assigned tasks before deadlines
- ask for help from team members whenever necessary
- respect, tolerate, support and motivate other team members
- be ready and willing to help other team members
- share your suggestions, ideas and opinions with the team
- listen to and consider the ideas, suggestions and opinions of other team members
- keep confidentiality and avoid gossiping about your team members
References and Further Reading