Programme Research Intern, Cash Programming Review at Street Child - Remotework Street ChildplaceNigeria (Remote)Date Posted: 2020-06-09
Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Programme Research Intern, Cash Programming Review in Nigeria.
Duration: 20 days
Timeframe: June - August
- We are seeking a diligent research intern to assist us in developing our approach to utilizing cash-based methodologies in achieving our programming objectives; both in humanitarian and developmental contexts.
- NGOs within the international development and humanitarian sectors have made great strides in the last 12 years to increase the utilisation of cash transfer programming (CTP), otherwise known as cash and voucher assistance (CVA), within their programmes, recognising the utility in empowering vulnerable people, households and communities to make decisions with dignity about how to best meet their needs and increase their resilience.
- It is not appropriate in every context but often CTP will more efficiently help NGOs to achieve better results for and with those people we exist to serve and support.
- Street Child, and some of our partners, already have some experience in CTP / CVA, not least in our Family Business Scheme.
About the Position
- The internship will sit within our programmes team, although it will be undertaken remotely with a dedicated staff member to provide support given the current context.
- Key tasks may include undertaking a literature review, reviewing existing programmes, conducting a risk assessment of cash transfer programming (CTP), interviews, modifying current resources and presenting key findings and recommendations.
Broadly the role will result in the following deliverables:
- Review of current external good practice; identifying sources of knowledge and guidance
- Identification of current Street Child, or Street Child supported, work involving cash transfer programming (CTP), otherwise known as cash and voucher assistance (CVA)
- Recommendations for a proposed way forward for Street Child
- If you feel you have the skills and experience to undertake the key tasks and produce the deliverables detailed above then we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 21st June, 2020.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe