Database Administrator at Alfred & Victoria Associateswork Alfred & Victoria AssociatesplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-05-27
Alfred & Victoria Associates - We are recruiting to fill the position of Database Administrator in Lagos.
- We are looking for a Professional Database Administrator (DBA) who will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7.
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- You should be capable of productive collaboration with the development team to ensure system consistency, provide technical support and identify new requirements. You should also be organized and communicative.
- Create database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Construct and implement database in accordance to end user’s information needs and views
- Ensure data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Utilize high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Ensure minimal database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Document database policies, procedures and standards, and ensure they are followed by the team
- Organize tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- 2+ years' experience of working on a Database Administrator position
- Solid experience with database standards and end user applications
- Solid experience with data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Experience with DBA case tools (front-end or back-end) and third-party tools
- Good knowledge of database design, documentation and coding
- Knowledge of programming languages API
- Strong problem-solving skills, with algorithmic thinking
- BS degree in Computer Science or other relevant area.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send tailored CV on or before 3pm 10th June, 2019, using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the closing date will be automatically rejected.
Alfred & Victoria Associates
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information