Data.FI Nigeria Quality Assurance Specialist at Palladiumwork PalladiumplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2019-11-06
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Data.FI Nigeria Quality Assurance Specialist in Abuja.
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is currently seeking a QA Specialist to support the development and standardization of project applications towards a unified architecture. We have recently been awarded the Data.FI award.
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Develop and maintain applications and solutions and participates in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, schedules, or potential problems in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Works directly with Partners, system developers, process managers, and end users to coordinate and facilitate communication, develop solutions and deliver products as bug free as possible.
- Monitor and enforce production and health information systems standards
- Maintain effective communication with Leadership and Partners to ensure that system specifications for new functionality, identified system defects, and system implementation schedules are prioritized, resolved and implemented.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Utilize System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies to review, write and edit documentation, ensuring technical accuracy, compliance, completeness and risk mitigation related to business and functional requirements, technical specifications, use test cases and processes for proposed business solutions
- Plan requirements, development, test, implementation, validation and maintenance schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects, monitors bug resolution efforts and tracks successes using a bug tracking system, and reports defects to software developers, project managers and partners
- Promote a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform end-to-end application testing to support software and hardware maintenance upgrades as well as new application functionality and business process changes.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Validate that health requirements and user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Ensure all applications optimally meet the required health information systems standards
- Use problem solving skills to break down complex situations to discover and resolve root causes.
- Develop training material and conduct trainings in quality assurance and standardization
- Conduct System audits, prepare and disseminate audit reports
- Conduct HIS assessments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant field;
- 2 years’ experience in application testing and in clearly documenting defect information to include analysis, steps to reproduce, and suggested fixes.
- Experience in the health sector and working with donor funded projects
- Working knowledge of Java and Agile software development methodology
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues related to defects and enhancements.
- Experience with a variety of programming and scripting languages and frameworks,
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of architectural dependencies.
- Ability to coordinate and balance priorities of multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 8th November, 2019.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information