Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Instructor / Officer at Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI)work Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI)placePort Harcourt, RiversDate Posted: 2021-11-19
Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI) is a consultancy, training and development Institute certified by the various industries in which we operate. Established to support Public & Private Organizations, Oil & Gas personnel as well as their Host Communities, Manufacturing & Production Companies, Energy Companies, Hospitality businesses, and Educational Institutions, we also ensure the closure of skills gaps, advice on current upskilling needs of organizations and generally develop the capacity of Human Resources according to global best practice and standards in order to make sure organizational goals are achieved alongside technology transfer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The job role involves training learners on Occupational Health and Safety courses such as HSE level 1,2 &3 and NEBOSH IGC - IG1 & IG2.
- It also involves carrying out other safety related activities for DATI which include but are not Limited to HSE audits, Emergency Drills, Safety Briefs for all training program related activities and to proffer solutions to all safety issues relating to DATI
- Facilitate and Lecture the HSE level 1, 2 & 3
- Facilitate and Lecture the CIEH Occupational Health and Safety Course at Introduction, Foundation and Intermediate
- Facilitate and lecture NEBOSH IGC and HSW courses that DATI has been accreditations for.
- Design and administer appropriate assessments used for evaluation of trainees
- Ensure that assessments are aligned with the objectives of the course and are fair
- Develop marking RUBRICS to ensure fairness.
- Implementation of the organizations safety policy
- Carry out safety audits
- Carry out emergency drills
- Conduct safety briefs on behalf of DATI during meetings and other programs
- Responsible for Occupational Health and Safety of the workplace
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in the Biological / Chemical Sciences, Engineering, or related fields
- Must be NEBOSH IGC certified
- Any other HSE certification would be an advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Minimum of Two years’ experience in a similar role
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent teaching / facilitation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent computing and multi-media applications usage
- A very good understanding of the safety issues and regulatory environment
- A very good understanding of basic housekeeping
- A very good understanding of Hazard analysis
- Risk assessment and reporting ability
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Team working, Problem-solving and IT skills
- Ability to lead safety audits and reviews
- Health Safety and Environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to the email below using the Job Title as the subject of the mail on or before 26th November, 2021.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI)
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe