Managing Editor at Workforce Groupwork Workforce GroupplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-09-02
Workforce Group is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Managing Editor in Lagos.
- The right candidate will have experience in cross channel content marketing and content optimization including text, audio, video and image content, social media marketing, and search marketing
- The right candidate has a creative marketing mind with the ability to organize projects, meet deadlines, and manage a team
- This position requires experience in coordinating and using digital and print content to support strategic organizational objectives.
- Coordinating day-to-day editorial operations, managing in house and outsourced content creators, editors, graphic designers, videographers, developers, etc.
- Reviewing all assignments before publication to ensure material is accurate and on-brand.
- Leading and directing the work of content produced by content team members including text, images, audio, and video, making sure all team members are on-task and meeting deadlines.
- Assisting in ideation, planning, and execution of the editorial and content marketing calendar that attracts and appeals to the organization’s various customer avatars.
- Monitoring and reporting on content marketing metrics and KPIs.
- Checking accuracy of facts, dates, names, captions, statistics, etc. located in all content.
- Maintaining consistency of the brand by upholding the organization’s style guide standards on tense, voice, tone, and the spelling/capitalization of certain words as they relate to the organization.
- Creating copy, engaging headlines and subheads, proofreading, and deep-line editing for spelling, grammar, punctuation and brand consistency.
- Overseeing the scheduling, publication, and overall consistency of the organisation’s content assets.
- Creating content that is optimized for search and social media traffic.
- Locating and/or initiating creation of engaging and relevant images to complement stories.
- Demonstrated experience with successful management and execution of a content marketing strategy
- Successful experience leading a team in a project driven environment
- A demonstrated ability to drive traffic to web properties from search engines.
- Proven experience using social media channels to distribute and amplify the organization’s content, manage reputation, develop relationships, and drive website traffic.
- Proven editorial skills including strong language skills and the ability to adjust content to remain consistent with brand, style, and tone
- Superior ability to create compelling narratives for internal and external audiences.
- Successful management of a business blog that furthers organizational goals.
- The ability to create content within and troubleshoot issues with the WordPress platform
- Copywriting – An understanding of how to create and present content that persuades.
- Demonstrated experience in investigating and producing research-based content.
- Demonstrated experience with using digital and/or print content to generate leads and sales.
- An excellent command of analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics or Omniture, to adjust marketing strategy and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet a variety of deadlines.
- Ability to identify trends and adjust strategy using analytical and quantitative problem solving.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information