Program Assistant at The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societieswork IFRCplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2019-11-05
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is recruiting to fill the position of a Program Assistant (British Red Cross) in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Under the direct supervision and the guidance of the Head of Country Cluster, the Programme Assistant (Nigeria) will support the IFRC Country Cluster office in matters relating to National Society development, Programme Development and -implementation, reporting, administration, and the overall organization of the office.
- While formally reporting to the Head of Country Cluster, he/ she will be operationally managed by the Country Manager, British Red Cross.
Provide support to issues related to the Development of the Nigeria Red Cross Society, including:
- Coordination with the National Society and other relevant RC/RC movement partners on the follow-up of the findings of the due diligence process to ensure that identified organizational weaknesses will be addressed
- Support in preparing for meetings related to National Society Development (review of documents, drafting of position papers)
- Support in accompanying the National Society in the process of operationalizing the NRCS country strategy.
- Provide support to the setting up and supervision of an external entity in charge of selected commercial activities which previously were managed by the Nigerian Red Cross Society
- Media Review
- Context analysis
- Prepare regular reports and organize records
- Monitor trends and prepare context analysis for Nigeria
- Provide support in the development of programme proposals
- Policies and procedures
- Financial documents
- Programmatic and strategy related documents
- Contracts and agreements
- Keep an overview of relevant meetings and events
- Maintain an overview of staff on visits to Nigeria
- Support in the procurement of items and services according to office procedures
- Follow up on other office services and maintenance when needed (plumbing, painting, etc)
- General office administration
- Adhere to the RC/ RC movement values
- Undertake other duties as are reasonably required
- Bachelor's Degree in International Relations or any other field relevant for the work of the RC/ RC movement
- Minimum one - year work experience
- Working experience in Organizational Development in the non-profit sector
- Work experience within a multi-cultural environment
- Previous experience within RCRC
- Working experience in Humanitarian environment
- Strong communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Initiative and flexibility
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of strategies and operational plans of the NRCS, IFRC and BRC (Nigeria)
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Judgement and Decision Making
- National Society and Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust.
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply 14th November, 2019.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information