Radio Operator/Office Assistantwork Action Against HungerplaceMaiduguri, Borno State, NigeriaDate Posted: 2017-09-27
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Radio Operator/Office Assistant will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State and report to the Base Logistician. He/she will be focal point for VHF and HF communication on field missions according to needs and SOPs. The Radio Operator/Office Assistant will transmit/relay messages between teams/Action Against Hunger Nigeria bases when signal is low. He/she will also organize scanning, photocopying and saving of all SCM documents, financial documents and program documents as well as carry out office assistant duties.
The task and responsibilities includes but are not limited to;
- Ensure all security advisories from the field co are immediately relayed to the staff and immediately report sensitive/security related matters to the supervisor or Field Coordinator.
- Report any disrespect of SOPs from any staff/team to the Field Coordinator.
- Training new staff/visitors on the use of VHF and HF radios.
- Ensure all VHF/HF base and hand held stations are in good working condition.
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment as well as office notice board.
- Maintain the radio logbook (location, date and hour of important messages or events) as indicated on SOPs.
- Support the Base Admin to arrange for accommodation bookings for visiting staff as well as the Base Logistician in maintaining inventory of assets within the office and guest accomdation.
- Assist in extracting and maintaining data and files from various sources within administrative, human resource, procurement, logistics and Action Against Hunger systems.
- Assist in the supervision of office cleaner/cook and casual workers.
The Successful Candidate Will;
- Have a minimum of completed Secondary education in an accredited academic institution.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience in a similar role.
- Have good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios.
- Be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Have excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Have previous experience in INGO at the same level of position preferably.
- Have knowledge about radio installation/basic maintenance, electricity or any technical field.
The deadline for this position is Friday, September 29, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Click here to apply
Action Against Hunger
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe