Treasury Officer at Synapse Serviceswork Synapse ServicesplaceLagos and AbujaDate Posted: 2021-05-20
Synapse Services, a Centre for Psychological Medicine, is hiring Treasury Officers in Lagos and Abuja.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Clients deposit and withdrawal transactions (cash and cheque) within approved limits and provide responses to customers’ enquiries or complaints in a polite and courteous manner within the cash area.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Ensure complete adherence to the dictates of the Cashbox Procedure (including adjoining annexes) and other applicable MEMOs in force at all times.
- Ensure that Cash is arranged and stored in an orderly manner (according to denominations) in the safe box and ensure that the cash cabin is neat, tidy, and free from all prohibited items.
- Verify the correctness of customers account details (Name, account Number, account type etc.) and signatures before performing deposit and withdrawal transaction.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Verify that cash notes received are not counterfeit notes at the time of presentation using the pre-installed Mercury Lights.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Ensure proper and complete record keeping and filing of all transaction reports and receipts
- Support and participate in the deposit mobilization effort of the branch.
- Actively support the client advisor team in raising deposits by cross-selling, giving general information about products and services and referring clients to the client advisors.
- Actively inform clients about transferring their funds via the funds transfer channel.
- Minimum of HND in Accounting
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Proficient in the use of Micro
- Ability to use accounting software like QuickBooks and Peachtree.
- Good Reporting Skills
- Minimum of 1- 2 years working experience as a Treasury Officer
- Strong communication.
- Excellent relationship management
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
- Stress tolerance.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skill
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae on or before 26th May, 2021, using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: The subject of the email should be “Treasury Officer - Lagos” if applying for Lagos state and Treasury Officer- Abuja if applying for Abuja “ failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe